In September 2020, Football St George released its strategic plan 2021-24 “The Game Plan” which has set the road map for the Association to continue the growth and development of football in the region.
This plan presents a high-level view of our strategic priorities and is supported by an action plan, detailing key deliverables and performance measures. We intend to work with our clubs, members and partners to deliver what is important for football in our community.
To this end, FSG are seeking expressions of interest from members of the football community who wish to contribute to our collective work, by being part of our strategic pillar working groups covering Participation, Club Services and Pathways.
Whilst these Working Groups will not be responsible for decision making or action on behalf of FSG, they will play a critical role in steering, guiding and consideration of key strategic imperatives of FSG.
Speak with your Club President or Secretary prior to completing the below nomination form for their endorsement.
Working Group Overview
- Applicants for roles must be endorsed/approved by a Club President.
- The Working Groups will comprise a group of 5 members and will be chaired by a nominated FSG Board Director and include 3 Club representatives and an FSG staff member.
- The FSG Board intends to apply the following guidelines to apply to the working groups:
- Allowing only 1 person from each club per group;
- Encourage participation across working groups by many clubs;
- Ensure a club representative sits on only one working group;
- Consider nomination preferences when multiple groups are of interest or applicable;
- Aim to have at least 1 Club representative from each LGA on each group.
- 4 Meetings are expected to be held per year, schedule to be provided by FSG however for guidance (see below);
Proposed 2021 Schedule:
- February – 1st Meeting of Working Groups
- April – 2nd Working Groups Meeting
- July – 3rd Working Groups Meeting
- September 4th Working Groups Meeting
Moving forward the nominations process for working groups will be incorporated with existing Board and Office bearer nomination process as part of the AGM process.