Full story at www.footballnsw.com.au 

By: Justin Davies

It was an intense day of Futsal action as Valentine Sports Park played host to the 2017-2018 Futsal State League Grand Finals, Football NSW reporter Justin Davies was there to cover all the action that unfolded in each age category. 

12 Boys – St George City 4, West City Crusaders 6

West City Crusaders prevailed in an entertaining start to the Futsal State League Grand Finals Day with a pulsating 6-4 win against St George City FA in the 12 Boys. The action started from the off, as St George City FA’s Lucas Andrade converted from the spot after a handball was spotted by the officials for the 1-nil lead after three minutes.

It didn’t take long for the Crusaders to strike back. Diesel Zaccazan glided well down the wing before he slammed it home for 1-1.

From there, the Crusaders opened up the floodgates – Micallef continued to be a danger with a pair of chances, the first which was well saved before he piloted the second into the net for 2-1. The see-saw nature of the contest continued as Eren Kumsuz restored parity for St George City before Micallef slalomed through the defense twice to make it 4-2 West City Crusaders FC at the break.

Micallef completed his scoring six minutes after the break from the spot. The speedster sent the keeper the wrong way for 6-3 in a highlight reel contest that set a magnificent tone for the day.

Tarik Kumsuz joined his brother on the St George City FA scorers list in the 35th minute, as the brothers combined for three goals alongside elder brother Tacettin made for a good day for the Kumsuz family.


Referees: Paul Jones, Gail Wilcocks and Elio Valente

West City Crusaders 6 (Micallef 4 and Zaccazan)

St George City FA 4 (E. Kumsuz 2, T. Kumsuz and Andrade)

West City Crusaders FC:  34 Hamish Fellows 38 Cooper Herc 39 Mario kriaris 35 Caleb Micallef 21 Nathanial Owen 36 Joshua Taylor 33 Kyah Williams 37 Diesel Zaccazan COACH: Taryn Rockall ASST. COACH: Trent Williams MANAGER: Rob Rockall

St George City FA: 2 Lucas Andrade 3 Daniel Cvetanovski 4 Dominic Konjarski 6 Eren Kumsuz 5 Tarek Kumsuz 7 Alessandro Romeo 8 Dion Vallianos 9 Nicholas Zdrilic 10 Declan Carmichael COACH: Serafettin Kumsuz MANAGER: Alec Vallianos

CLICK HERE for match shots.


16 Boys – St George City 5, Northern Beaches Breakers 3

St George City FA’s second half onslaught was enough to earn them the 16 Boys final after an eight-goal contest aginst Northern Beaches Breakers.

Northern Beaches Breakers in their sole Grand Final this afternoon struck gold after three minutes. Zachery Prince found a pocket of space before he slotted home for 1-nil. Justin Murray had a chance to further the Breakers lead in the seventh minute when the forward flashed an effort wide of the left post.

It was the turn of the number four for St George City to stride forward. Erik Attard weaved his way past defenders before he rifled wide. City’s pressure tolled in the 12th minute after Christian Sicari found the back of the net. From there, St George City lifted as Frank Plakogiannis handed them the lead in the 14th minute. The pressured the Breakers defense which forced a turnover that Plakogiannis finished.

Murray chastened from his earlier miss, made up for it in the 28th minute. The forward restored parity with a powerful effort, making it 2-2, as the tension rose, headed into the final ten minutes.

St George City snatched the lead right back though Jayden Todorovski in the 32nd minute before some brilliant interplay between Attard and Salachoris saw the former tap into an empty net for 5-2. Salachrosi minutes earlier added the fourth with a smashed effort.

For Northern Beaches, they found late consolation through Murray’s brace. The forward finished well to round out the eight-goal thriller.


Referees: Khaled Aly, Steve Dalmazio and Chris Codling

Northern Beaches Breakers 3 (Prince ‘3, Murray ’28 and ’40)

St George City FA 5 (Sicari ’12, Plakogiannis ’14, Todorovski ’30, Salachoris ’32 and Attard ’34)

Northern Beaches Breakers FC:  Nicholas Kayik 2 Kenta Aruga 3 Charlie Wheeler 4 Zachery Prince 5 Wiktor Pienkowski 6 Alexander Pienkowski 7 Justin Murray 8 Nayden Ilic 9 James Riolino 10 Connor Slater 11 Andrew Ferrara 12 Dean Richos COACH: Brenon Zappia ASST. COACH: Ralph Capasso MANAGER: John Kayik

St George City FA: 4 Erik Attard 13 Jack Gibson 7 Kai Gomes 5 Benjamin North 9 Frank Plakogiannis 8 Christian Sicari 14 George Salachoris 3 Jayden Todorovski COACH: Serafettin Kumsuz MANAGER: Belinda Gibson

CLICK HERE for match shots.


Youth Men – St George City 5, SD Raiders 4

St George City FA were crowned the Futsal State League Youth Mens champions, despite a late scare from a courageous SD Raiders side, 5-4 tonight at Valentine Sports Park.

Today was Tacettin Kumsuz’s day. The powerful striker bagged four goals in an impressive display that tore a formative SD Raiders line-up to pieces although the Raiders held their own, as the scoreline was 2-2 at half-time. SD Raiders were the first team in this nine-goal thriller to find the scoresheet, as Matthew Barkho was found slickly before the forward arrowed into the corner for 1-nil.

The first of Kumsuz’s strikes was a superb outside of the foot rasping strike that left the SD Raiders keeper rooted to the spot. Next, the Wanderers youth product lunged into space before he rounded Matthew Massarotto then rolled it into an empty net for 2-1.

In a tough, physical game both teams accumulated the fouls quickly. So, both Barkho and Kumsuz had a chance from the spot but neither could find the net before the break. Raiders started fast again, after half-time, Walid Hassan smoothly turned his defender before he rifled a shot into the net for 2-2 just two minutes after the resumption.

The goal woke up the City attack, as first Seyfullah Eser found the net to retake the lead then the main man, Kumsuz sparkled with a solo effort for a 4-2 scoreline headed into the final ten minutes. Kumsuz redeemed himself from his earlier penalty miss, as he slammed in St George City’s fifth of the afternoon.

SD Raiders weren’t going quietly into the night. Barkho completed his brace as he tapped in from close range then Adrian Monge sent nerves jangling as he poked home in the 38th minute, making it 5-4 with time ticking.

St George City FA were able to hold their nerve and secure their second Grand Final victory of the day, making a good return for the southern Sydney side.


Referees: Taha Marabani, Chris Codling and Khaled Aly

SD Raiders 4 (Barkho ‘2 and ’35, Hassan ’22 and Monge ’36)

St George City FA 5 (Kumsuz ’12, ’17, ’28 and ’33 and Eser ’25)

SD Raiders:51 Matthew Massarotto 2 Daniel Kiseloski 4 Walid Hassan 5 Benjamin Lang 6 Joseph Fahmi 8 Adrian Monge 9 Mathew Barkho 10 Franco Maya Valiente 13 Matthew Joseph 14 Giancarlo Castro 79 Daniel Ibrahim 97 Danie Martellotta COACH: Sergio Malfara ASST. COACH: Nicky Carle ASST. COACH: Adrian Iorfino MANAGER: Diego Molina

St George City FA: 4 Erik Attard 13 Dylan Drakoulis 17 Seyfullah Eser 7 Kai Gomes 20 Nathan Hancock 21 Hadi Hijazi 22 Brima Kanu 18 Tacettin Kumsuz 5 Benjamin North 9 Frank Plakogiannis 3 Jayden Todorovski COACH: Serafettin Kumsuz ASST. COACH: Aytek Genc MANAGER: David Attard


CLICK HERE for match shots.